Are you tired of traditional tourist destinations? Do you crave an adventure that will leave you in stitches? Look no further than Kankakee County, where Andrew discovered that humor truly knows no bounds.
A Humorous Introduction
As Andrew set out to explore Kankakee County, he had no idea what kind of hilarity he was in for. From punny signs to wacky roadside attractions, this Illinois county had a knack for making him laugh at every turn.
Kankakee County’s Funny Side
While many visitors come to Kankakee County for its natural beauty, Andrew quickly found that the county had a quirky side that was just as captivating. Here are a few of the funniest things he encountered:
Punny Business Names
Kankakee County’s small towns were full of businesses with clever names that would make any pun lover chuckle. Some of Andrew’s favorites included:
- The Hair Port – a hair salon located in a decommissioned airplane
- Just Kidding Consignment – a resale shop specializing in children’s clothing
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store and Boutique – a secondhand store that takes itself a little too seriously
Kankakee County is also home to a variety of quirky roadside attractions that are sure to bring a smile to your face. Andrew stopped at a few of these sites during his visit, including:
- The Kankakee Muffler Men – a collection of fiberglass statues of a man holding a tire. Andrew was particularly amused by the one wearing a giant chef’s hat.
- The Jolly Green Giant Statue – a towering figurine of the iconic vegetable brand mascot. Andrew couldn’t resist posing for a photo with this giant green guy.
- The World’s Largest Mailbox – a 32-foot-tall replica of a mailbox that was once considered for a spot in the Guinness World Records. Andrew had plenty of fun pretending to mail himself to his next destination.
Kankakee County is also known for its lively festivals and events, many of which have a humorous twist. Andrew attended a few of these gatherings and had a blast:
- Silly Safari – an annual event featuring animal shows and educational activities for children. Andrew was delighted to see a live kangaroo up close.
- Bourbonnais Friendship Festival – a celebration of the community’s diverse population, featuring food, music, and cultural displays. Andrew couldn’t help but giggle at the “power wheels” race for kids.
- The Amazing Race Kankakee – a citywide scavenger hunt that challenges teams to solve puzzles and complete silly challenges. Andrew and his friends had a blast trying to find all the hidden clues.
Andrew’s trip to Kankakee County was filled with so much laughter that he’s already planning his next visit. He encourages anyone with a sense of humor to check out this Illinois gem for themselves. As he puts it, “life is too short to take everything seriously!”
A Helpful Table
For those interested in checking out some of Kankakee County’s most hilarious destinations, here’s a handy table to get you started:
|The Hair Port||3109 W Station St, Kankakee||Hair salon in a decommissioned airplane|
|Just Kidding Consignment||771 N Kinzie Ave, Bradley||Resale shop specializing in children’s clothing|
|The Salvation Army Thrift Store and Boutique||1035 W Broadway St, Bradley||Secondhand store with a boutique vibe|
|The Kankakee Muffler Men||Locations vary, check website for details||Collection of fiberglass statues|
|The Jolly Green Giant Statue||1146 S State Route 50, Bourbonnais||Towering figurine of the vegetable brand mascot|
|The World’s Largest Mailbox||1 Stuart St, Herscher||32-foot-tall replica of a mailbox|
If you’re still not convinced that Kankakee County is the place to be for a hilarious vacation, here are two lists that might change your mind:
Reasons to Visit Kankakee County if You Love to Laugh
- Punny business names that will tickle your funny bone
- Quirky roadside attractions that are perfect for photo ops
- Lively festivals and events that always have a humorous twist
- Friendly locals who aren’t afraid to crack a joke
- A relaxed atmosphere that encourages lighthearted fun
Things to Do in Kankakee County if You Want to Laugh All Day
- Visit a hair salon in a decommissioned airplane
- Pose for a photo with a giant green mascot
- Try to find all the hidden clues in a citywide scavenger hunt
- Attend a festival featuring live animals and silly activities
- Shop for cute kids’ clothing at a store with a clever name
Memories to Last a Lifetime
Andrew’s trip to Kankakee County may have been short, but the memories he made will last a lifetime. He encourages everyone to take a break from their serious lives and embrace the humor that’s all around us. As he puts it, “life is too short to not laugh at giant muffler men and oversized mailboxes!”
- “Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau.” Kankakee County Convention & Visitors Bureau, www.visitkankakeecounty.com/.
- “Silly Safari Presented by B102.9 and Praise 102.9 – Bourbonnais, IL – Aug 14, 2021.” FishersLIFE, 12 Aug. 2021, www.fisherslife.net/events/silly-safari-presented-by-b102-9-and-praise-102-9/384.